Just a note to myself as to the steps I normally follow when releasing a Haskell library to Hackage.
- Create a
- Finalize ChangeLog.md
nix-shell --run 'cabal haddock' and sanity check the haddocks
- Commit all changes, and push a release PR.
- Generated sdist using
- Upload a package candidate
- Sanity check the upload, and then “publish” it publicly.
cabal haddock --haddock-for-hackage to generated haddocks for hackage.
cabal upload -d --publish $PATH_TO_TARBALL to update haddocks on the release.
- Squash merge the PR.
- Draft a new release on Github. Copy paste the change log. This will automatically create and push the new git tag.
- Increment cabal version in .cabal file
- Plan, as first task, updating of nixpkgs and package dependencies.
- [ ] Research a tool that automates much of the release process