Using Twitter sensibly
I’m not a huge fan of Twitter for several reasons; however, there is one good reason to be on Twitter: social engagement.1
- Restrict Twitter use (don’t monitor all day)
- Use it mostly for programming content
- Twitter is unsuited2 for .
- Mute people who tweet with a negative vibe3.
- This is especially the case with the “woke” crowd.
- Above all, use it for interacting with people, encouraging a felicitous, innocuous and learning ambiance.
Of course that can be said for any platform where people participate and interact with one another: reddit, Zulip, Slack, Discord, etc.↩︎
Appearing negative (eg: when criticizing something) is not the same thing as emanating a negative vibe. See Experimental evidence of massive-scale emotional contagion through social networks. Cf. .↩︎
Especially the clickbait content that Twitter forces into your valuable attention.↩︎