Some in the Haskell community set out to create Boring Haskell (aka. Simple Haskell) as a philosophical approach towards Haskell development that emphasizes practicality more than academic perfection.
In reverse chronological order:
- 2020, Nov 2: reddit: Whole Haskell is Best Haskell
- 2020, Oct 13: Zulip: Simple Haskell == Worse is better?
- 2020, Oct 12: “Delivering with Haskell” by Sam Halliday: lobsters & reddit
- 2020, Sep 3: Zulip: Boring Haskell /= Resenting Types
- 2020, May 30: reddit: On Marketting Haskell
- 2020, May 22: reddit: Simple Haskell is Best Haskell
- Zulip discussion
- 2019, Nov 22: reddit: Boring Haskell Manifesto
Libraries that got bestowed with “Boring Haskell” stamp:
- esqueleto (“This is exactly the kind of boring-yet-absolutely-essential library that Haskell needs”)